LinkedIn has this cool tool that allows people to create cool, fancy, custom email signatures: http://www.linkedin.com/e/sig/11697080/. Only problem is it only works in desktop clients like Outlook or Thunderbird, or does it?
I found a way to put it in my Gmail signatures for very nice signatures with all my company info. All you do is fill out the information until you get it how you like. Then, just select the preview by clicking and dragging over it, then use CTRL+C to copy it, and go to Gmail, then settings, then paste it into your signature. Its that easy! You may have to try a couple times to copy the right stuff, but it works great!
I found an easy way to pull all your Fb friend’s emails and phone numbers. This was useful for me, because my Gmail contacts (which syncs with my Android phone) didn’t have all the same people, and some that it did, wasn’t current or complete. So here’s how you do it:
- Sign up for (or login to) your Yahoo mail account.
- Go to contacts and select “Tools>Import,” now select Facebook and you’ll need to authorize/login to Facebook in the window that pops up.
- Yahoo will now import your Facebook contacts. If your primary email is Yahoo, you’re done.
- If you use Gmail like me, or something else, you’ll then want to do “Tools>Export” and export your contacts as a “vCard Single File”. Type the verification code and click the button. The file will download.
- Now go to your Gmail contacts and click “More Actions>Import” then select the file from your hard drive and click the Import button.
- Gmail will automatically merge any exact email address or phone number matches for you. I recommend going to “More Actions>Find and Merge Duplicates” to catch all those with the same/similar names as well.
That’s it! You now have all your friend’s contact information in Gmail or wherever.
UPDATE: I found this article at Lifehacker that explains how to do the above, as well as how to import your contacts from LinkedIn. I’ll have to try that next.